To register a child for level 2 or higher, swimmers must have either
- Previously taken a level 2 swim class or higher at the Ginny Smithers Pool in the last 6 months
- Previously taken a swim level test at the Ginny Smithers Pool and was told after the test to register for a level other than level 1 (Level tests are offered during any of our family swim hours, free of charge. Let the front desk attendant you need a level test)
- Taken a swim lesson and been informed directly by a Ginny Smithers Pool swim instructor, that the child is ready for level 2 or higher.
If you register a child for level 2 or higher without completing the above requirements (and level 1 is full), the swimmer will be removed from the class for the safety of all and your account will be credited the session fee.
Masks will be required at all times while in the building and facility for everyone over two years old. Exceptions will be made during a state-mandated pre-swim cleansing shower and once sitting poolside. Please bring a plastic zip-lock back daily to house the swimmer's mask poolside.
Tuesday & Thursday Levels swim lessons have 2-time options. Please be sure to register for the time of your choosing.
Tuesday & Thursday Swim Lesson Registration Dates
June lessons: May 31st-June 21st
- Registration for Somerville Residents begins on May 4, 2022 at 3pm
- Registration for NON-Somerville Residents begins on May 11, 2022 at 3pm