Somerville, MA Parks & Recreation
Skip to nav
In order to communicate clear guidelines regarding refunds, the Department has set the following
The City of Somerville Parks and Recreation Department will consider refunds for programs, sports
leagues, and facilities under the following circumstances:
1. All refund requests are subject to review by the Director of the Department of Parks and Recreation.
2. If the Department of Parks and Recreation cancels a program, the participant will receive a full refund.
3. Refunds will not be processed for one-time programs, trips, ticket sales or special events.
4. For programs meeting four times or less, refund requests must be made prior to the first meeting.
5. Prior to the second scheduled program meeting, a refund request will be accepted and reviewed by
submitting a Refund Request Form. A $20.00 processing fee along with any materials fees (t-shirts,
league uniforms, supply fees, equipment, etc.) will be assessed against the fee to determine the refund.
Refunds will not be processed after the second scheduled program meeting or for sports leagues after the
third scheduled practice. There will be no refunds for any Adult Sports Leagues. No refunds are given for
programs costing less than $20.
6. All monies approved for refunds, regardless of payment method, will be issued an account credit or
will be issued a check from the Finance Department. Please allow approximately 3 to 4 weeks for checks
to be issued.
7. Account credits will be processed within 3 days of the request and need to be used within one year.
8. In cases where the program fee includes the price of a ticket or other fees paid by the Department of
Parks and Recreation to a third party, such fees will be refunded to you to the extent that the Department
is able to get a refund from the third party or is able to enroll another participant.
9. The City of Somerville Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to review these procedures
and administer refunds in the best interest of the participants and by generally approved accounting
10. Refunds for field rentals will be issued for inclement weather only, unless the renter provides two (2)
weeks’ notice to the Facilities Manager. No refunds will be issued to Prospect Hill/Powder House
Wedding rentals without one (1) month notice to Facilities Manager.
Recreational programs include those in which the Parks and Recreation Department is solely responsible
for program oversight or facilitation.